EXCLUSIVE: Sonam Khan says her "autistic" son was her "focus" after she quit acting: "I became mother before turning 20”

Sonam Khan was a successful actress in the 1980s and 1990s. However, she quit her career after tying the knot with Rajiv Rai. Later, the former couple welcomed a baby boy. Recently, in an interview with Bollywood Hungama, Sonam opened up on quitting acting and being a mother to a “special child.” 

When asked to shed some light on the reason behind moving around the world, Khan asserted, “My life was dedicated to my son, wherever I went was because of him. He is autistic, so I went all around the world looking for treatments and therapies for him and also getting him educated in several places. I had a son even before I was 20, and when he was around four, I learnt that he is autistic. So I left, didn’t even think about anything.  My son was my focus and I don’t regret it even a bit.

She further added, “But I do regret one thing- that I didn’t value the work which I got earlier. Because sometimes we get things so easily that we don’t value it. That’s what happened to me. That is something I wish had not happened. But at the same time my son is with me so it has been worth it.”

For the unversed, Sonam marked her debut in the Hindi film industry with Yash Chora’s Vijay. Later, she rose to fame after the 1989 movie Tridev, with the song ‘Oye Oye...Tirchi Topiwale.’

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Sonam Khan recalls “living out in a suitcase for 20 years” after quitting acting; talks about her son encouraging her to make a comeback 



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/8RTy6bp

Post a Comment

0 Comments