Junaid Khan opens about receiving love for powerful debut in Maharaj; says, “I have miles to go and lots to improve upon”

Netflix and YRF Entertainment’s Maharaj released on June 21 after the makers managed to win the case staying the release of the film. Soon after its release, the movie started receiving rave reviews from several quarters and debutant Junaid Khan too seem to be winning hearts. Aamir Khan’s son made his much-awaited debut with this YRF film that features him in a power-packed role and he couldn’t be happier about the love coming his way.

Junaid Khan reveals he is humbled by the positive reviews

Talking about the good reviews pouring his way, Khan shared, he is thrilled that people are getting to watch his debut worldwide. The overwhelmed actor said, “I cannot explain in words what I’m feeling right now. Maharaj has been a long and wild journey for me, but all’s well that ends well I guess.” He continued, “Maharaj was made with a lot of love and respect and passion and I’m glad that the film and my performance is striking a chord with audience at large.” Junaid also went on to add, “I know I have miles to go and lots to improve upon. I just hope I get a cast and crew as supportive in all my future work.”

About Maharaj

The historical drama, Maharaj, is based on one of the greatest legal battles in Indian history: the 1862 Maharaj Libel Case. Based on true incidents that took place in 1862, pre-independence India, Maharaj follows the journey of one of India’s greatest social reformers, Karsandas Mulji. This David vs. Goliath story showcases one man’s courage to stand against the injustices of his time.

It is directed by Sidharth P Malhotra and produced by YRF Entertainment. Apart from the debutante Junaid Khan, the film stars Jaideep Ahlawat as the lead antagonist along with Shalini Pandey in a pivotal role. It also features a special appearance by Sharvari Wagh.

Also Read: BREAKING: Gujarat High Court lifts stay order on Yash Raj Films’ Maharaj; says, “It doesn’t hurt religious sentiments”; Netflix given go-ahead to stream Junaid Khan starrer



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/jU4peFN

Post a Comment

0 Comments