Rajkummar Rao reveals manifesting a role in Kai Po Che!; says, “It’s surreal but true”

Rajkummar Rao is one of the most sought after actors in Bollywood. Currently, he is riding high on the enormous success of Stree 2, the second movie in the Stree franchise by director Amar Kaushik and producers Maddock Films and Jio Studios. Also starring Shraddha Kapoor, Aparshakti Khurana, Pankaj Tripathi and Abhishek Banerjee, the film is soaring to newer heights at the box office. In fact, it’s now all set to enter the rare Rs. 500 crores club.

But the road for Rajkummar hasn’t been smooth, especially during the start when he had to do minor roles like the TV anchor in Ram Gopal Varma’s Rann (2010). Later, it was Abhishek Kapoor’s Kai Po Che! that really got the actor on the map. The film also turned a new leaf for Sushant Singh Rajput and Amit Sadh.

Kai Po Che! was adapted from author Chetan Bhagat’s bestseller book ‘The Three Mistakes of My Life’. Not many people would know that Rajkummar actually manifested starring in the film when he was new to the city. He revealed this in ‘The Longest Interview’ podcast on Audible.

The actor said, “I enjoyed reading ‘The Three Mistakes of My Life’ by Chetan Bhagat. Before that, one of his other books, ‘One Night at the Call Center’, had already been adapted into a film. So I knew he was a writer whose books were getting turned into movies.”

Speaking about his manifestation, Rajkummar added, “I still remember, when I was new in Bombay, I read ‘Three Mistakes of My Life’ and actually manifested it to the universe. There are three characters in the book, and I hoped that if a film was ever made, I would get one of those roles. I didn’t specify which one, but I really wished for it—and then Kai Po Che! happened. It’s surreal but true.”

Also Read: Rajkummar Rao recalls being replaced from films in the past: “Woh mera failure toh nahi unka failure hai…”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/7Do8BqW

Post a Comment

0 Comments