Babil Khan discusses impact of being Irrfan Khan's son; says, “I used to fear his greatness”

Emerging onto the cinematic landscape with a supporting role in the 2022 film Qala, Babil Khan, the son of the late and revered actor Irrfan Khan, is now on the cusp of unveiling his next cinematic endeavour. The forthcoming film, titled Friday Night Plan, marks Babil's debut as a leading actor and is slated for its premiere on September 1 this year on the streaming platform Netflix.

Babil Khan's journey in the film industry has been closely watched, given the towering legacy of his father, Irrfan Khan, who left an indelible mark on the world of cinema. Babil's initial reluctance to embrace acting was tied to his deep respect for his father's greatness, which he admitted intimidated him. In a recent interview with Film Companion, Babil candidly shared how the sheer enormity of his father's stature delayed his own acknowledgment of his passion for acting. Addressing the inevitable comparisons drawn between him and his iconic father, Babil reflected on the influence of life experiences in shaping one's true calling. He explained, “You don’t know you have that passion inside you, you need life experiences to push you toward your passion.” He further added, “I used to fear his greatness. As a 16-year-old when you start realizing you want to do something with your life and your father is already a larger-than-life figure… That’s why it took me so long to confront my own passion, my own desire.”

Elaborating on his father's career trajectory and what distinguished him from Irrfan's path, Babil emphasized the differences in their artistic processes. He said, “He took a lot of time. People saw him when he was in his 30s and 40s. He took a long time to react instinctively, his process was more intellectual. I have the instinctive ability. I am good at trusting my instincts. But when you are on set, when the pressure is mounting on you, that’s the place where your fearlessness really shows. I am still to realize the complete potential of my instincts, but I know at my core that’s my USP.”

In a poignant moment, Babil expressed his heartfelt yearning for his father's presence to witness his growth and accomplishments. He said, “I wish you were here to see what I have grown up to be. You left before I could make you proud. That feeling of not being able to show him my work, and not being able to see him smile at what I have become… I am not saying that I have become something, just me as a person.”

Directed by Vatsal Neelakantan and produced by Excel Entertainment, Friday Night Plan not only heralds Babil Khan's lead role debut but also promises to be a significant step in carving his own path within the film industry.

Also Read: Trailer of Juhi Chawla, Babil Khan, Medha Rana and Amrith Jayan starrer Friday Night Plan out, watch



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/1vm8kct

Post a Comment

0 Comments