Saif Ali Khan is looking forward to his upcoming film Haiwaan, directed by Priyadarshan and co-starring Akshay Kumar. In the film, Saif plays a visually impaired musician and martial arts coach. Interestingly, the actor has drawn a personal connection between his director and his late father, legendary cricketer Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, popularly known as Tiger Pataudi. Both Priyadarshan and Pataudi were cricketers who lost an eye, but continued to make their mark in their respective fields.
Speaking about Priyadarshan’s working style, Saif said, “Priyadarshan is like Clint Eastwood, senior and calm. He reminds me of my dad. Both cricketers and both lost an eye but great in their professional space. Priyadarshan gives you just one take so you have to make quick decisions as an actor and he wraps up shoot in time every single day.”
Haiwaan also marks Saif and Akshay Kumar’s seventh film together. Saif believes Akshay’s role as the antagonist has added another layer to the project. “Akshay playing the villain elevated the project. It's the first time I'm playing a strong author backed role in a film with him.” Recalling their first collaboration in Yeh Dillagi, he said the film helped establish their friendship. He also remembered their 40-day shoot in Shimla and joked about Akshay’s spot boy singing Khiladi songs outside his room early in the morning.
Saif revealed that both Akshay and Priyadarshan consider Haiwaan his best work. Explaining his character, he said, “There is an interesting backstory to the character, his mother wanted him to learn music so he wouldn't get bored and his father made him learn martial arts because he would fall down a lot as a child.” He added, “I too believe this is my best in a long time and cant wait for the audience to see it.”
The actor also addressed his viral internet moments and his reputation for being ahead of Gen Z humour. Speaking about a clip in which he appeared to be seeking blessings from his own poster, Saif said, “It was a huge poster of myself so I was just wishing the film and me good luck. I am childlike and a little mad. I've been in the profession for 35 years so I was a very different person at 21-22 years old, when I made statements that are going viral now.”
Saif also reflected on living more fully in the present, saying, “That could be true but it also comes with age,” when asked if the realisation came after his 2025 home invasion and stabbing incident. He admitted that while he has never liked security, “I've never liked security but sometimes its necessary.”
The actor, who celebrated his birthday on August 16, spent the occasion in England with close friends and family. “We celebrated at a close friend's house, where we cooked an Indian meal and had a glass of wine. The kids were playing around and it was a lovely time.”
Talking about his four children, Saif said they all have distinct personalities. “All the four kids have very different personalities. Ofcourse Sara and Ibrahim are older and then there are these two. Taimur seems quiet but is not necessarily that. I'm aware the internet is full of jokes about Jeh, the firecracker younger brother. We are just very blessed to have all this.”
Also Read : Kiara Advani to team up with Saif Ali Khan for Kanika Dhillon’s supernatural thriller: REPORT
from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/aJIKoze
0 Comments