Kunal Kemmu has spoken about his experience of directing Preity Zinta in Vibe during an exclusive conversation with Bollywood Hungama. For Kemmu, the collaboration was also a new experience as he was directing an actor he had grown up watching on the big screen.
Talking about his first interaction with Preity, Kemmu said, “I never expected it to be easy. She is someone you grew up watching, loving as an audience. I had never met her in life. So, for me she is a star who I have seen on the big screen and from far away. I have always been Googly-eyed and said, ‘Oh my God, that’s Preity Zinta’. Now I am going to tell her what to do. So, I was also slightly intimidated to be honest right from the first time I met her.”
Kemmu also spoke about Preity’s personality and how their conversations would sometimes take them away from the work they had initially planned. He said, “She is a very fun person, actually. She will talk to you about everything under the sun. And suddenly, you will be like, ‘Why was I here? Oh, I was here to pitch the film’.”
Over time, however, Kemmu and Preity developed an understanding of each other’s working styles. He added, “Over a period of time, we understood each other’s sensibilities and how to reach out to each other. I really enjoyed this process because this was the other thing that I got to learn on this film where I am working with someone who is not just a senior actor but also someone who has been a star. So, it was my first interaction of directing a star in that sense.”
For Kemmu, Vibe therefore became an opportunity to learn as a director while working with an actor he had admired for years. The film also brought a different professional equation between the two, with Kemmu also stepping behind the camera and Preity taking on the role of the actor.
Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Preity Zinta says, “Kunal Kemmu isn’t the funny guy you see in the scene, he is a tough taskmaster”
from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/PUXOQBu
0 Comments